Howdy: — Let's read the Talmud together: By finding out about each others' faiths, Jews and non-Jews can build bridges to understanding.
You can help in the battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way! Fight the forces of censorship and suppression of the Talmud, and bring about understanding between peoples of different faiths.
Download this site to your desktop computer.
Make CDs and distribute them to friends, neighbors, ministers, and community leaders.
Email your favorite essay to your email list.
Post your favorite essay to discussion forums.
Print your favorite essays and give them to those not on the Internet.
Flyers advertising Come-and-Hear.com can be distributed throughout your community.
Genuine Come and Hear™ CDs do not contain executable programs. When making CDs, do not include any files that end in .exe, .com, .bat, .vbs, .doc, .pif, .sit, or .scr. The person receiving the CD should use his own browser to view the files. This helps to protect him from harmful programs and viruses.
Come and Hear™ subscribes to conventional nomenclature rules when writing about societies, nations, and peoples. We apply these conventions across the board.
The statement, "Americans bombed Cambodia during the Vietnam War," is a true statement, even though not every American was part of that effort.
The statement, "The Americans voted Richard Nixon into the presidency," is a true statement, even though not every American voted for President Nixon.
The statement, "Apple pie is the favorite American dessert," is true, although some Americans clearly love cherry pie more.
Come and Hear™ uses the terms "Jews" and "Jewish" in the same manner.
Thank you for your consideration of the above,
Carol A. Valentine, Ear at come-and-hear dot com
July 14, 2003 ( This article is on line at http://www.come-and-hear.com/editor/ling.html )
NEXT: The Roadmap 1: What is the Talmud?
- This and other Come and Hear™ Studies on Talmudic Judaism can be found online:
- The Jewish Religion: Its Influence Today by Elizabeth Dilling, complete with all 300 exhibits, can be found online:
- Soncino Babylonian Talmud tractates, with Forewords, Introductions, Glossary, List of Abbreviations, and footnotes. Now you can study the Babylonian Talmud in full context and with the running commentary of the finest scholars of Judaism:
- Tractate Berakoth: http://www.come-and-hear.com/berakoth
- Tractate Shabbath: http://www.come-and-hear.com/shabbath
- Tractate Yebamoth: http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth
- Tractate Kethuboth: http://www.come-and-hear.com/kethuboth
- Tractate Nedarim: http://www.come-and-hear.com/nedarim
- Tractate Nazir: http://www.come-and-hear.com/nazir
- Tractate Sotah: http://www.come-and-hear.com/sotah
- Tractate Gittin: http://www.come-and-hear.com/gittin
- Tractate Baba Kamma: http://www.come-and-hear.com/babakamma
- Tractate Baba Mezi'a: http://www.come-and-hear.com/babamezia
- Tractate Baba Bathra: http://www.come-and-hear.com/bababathra
- Tractate Sanhedrin: http://www.come-and-hear.com/sanhedrin
- Tractate Abodah Zarah: http://www.come-and-hear.com/zarah
- Tractate Horayoth: http://www.come-and-hear.com/horayoth
- Tractate Niddah: http://www.come-and-hear.com/niddah
- Tractate Tohoroth: http://www.come-and-hear.com/tohoroth
- Search the Talmud http://www.come-and-hear.com/tindex.html
- Download all the above resources for local study, CD, or mirror web site: